During the regular school day, the Administration understands that while assisting in the development of the whole child, there are many ways to promote academic growth and pique interests while exposing students to new and different activities. SHS offers participation in a variety of activities and events during the school day:
Diocesan Back to School Mass
Blessing of the Animals on the Feast of St. Frances of Assisi
Red Ribbon Week
All Saints Day Mass
Observance of Veterans' Day
Thanksgiving Food Drive
Thanksgiving Family Feast
National Catholic Schools Week
During this week, students, families, and staff celebrate the ideals and values of Catholic Schools across America. Each day brings a specific activity whereby all can participate:
- Sunday - All School Mass at 10:30am at the Church. Students do the readings and lead the songs.
- Monday - Religion Bowl (competition between two teams of students made up of students from 5-yr olds-5th)
- Lunch Visitations for parents with their 3-yr, 4-yr, and 5-yr old students
- Tuesday - Spelling Bee (students compete individually)
- Lunch Visitations for parents with their 1st & 2nd grade students
- Wednesday - "Hats Off to Catholic Education" Day when students may wear hats to school for cheer.
- Lunch Visitations for parents with their 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students.
- Baby Shower for the Gabriel Project & all items are donated for mothers/babies in need.
- Thursday - Grandparents Day when grandparents may visit classrooms 9am-11am.
- Friday - Appreciation Mass & Breakfast for volunteers and benefactors
- Student Talent Show students audition to participate as singers, dancers, magicians, etc.
Aransas County Day in Austin
Living Stations of the Cross
After the regular school day, SHS also continues to promote and provide activities depending upon the availability of sponsors/instructors. These may or may not have fees associated with them:
The Outdoor School at Camp Champions
Every other year, the fourth and fifth grade students are invited to attend this 3-day/2-night camp at Lake LBJ in Marble Falls. Various learning experiences include kayaking, water quality studies, team building, etc. Parents pay a portion of the expense & fundraisers subsidize the rest.